Hi… My name is Peter Read and I live
near Shepparton in north-central Victoria.
My wife and I built our house, workshop and gardens on 2 acres of land and
most days you’ll find me building scopes… BIG scopes.
I love BIG Dobsonians – as long as they are well made. They give awesome
views of the heavens, are easy to use and are very quiet.
If you’re thinking of a BIG scope, then you already know that “Size DOES
I build a limited number of scopes each year and aim to make scopes that are
“as good to look at as they are to look through”.
Each scope comes complete with:
• Your choice of mirror
from the worlds best opticians
• Enhanced coatings
• All marine ply construction
• All stainless steel hardware
• 6 coats of 2 pack polyurethane
• 18 point mirror cell on 12” - 25” scopes
• 27 point mirror cell on 28” - 32" scopes
• Super stiff focuser board
• Feathertouch focuser
• Mirror fan
• Laminar fan
• Metal side bearings
• Ebony Star on Teflon bearing surfaces
• Quick action 1 person set up
• Dew heaters
• Ripstop nylon light shroud
• Argo Navis
• 10K Encoders
• Wired stalk and shelf
• Split system stainless wheelie handles
• Heavy duty carry cases for secondary cage and poles
• Heavy duty stalk and accessory case
SDM Scopes can be customised at no
extra cost to suit your needs, and I can uniquely offer local Australian
product support to keep your SDM creation working perfectly.